Fort Sheridan postcard collection
Postcards in this collection include the prefix "FT" before the item number.
- Creation: approximately 1914-1945
- Fort Sheridan (Ill.) (Organization)
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This material is unprocessed and is available by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com at least 5 business days in advance to request an appointment.
1.9 Linear Feet (500 postcards in 1 box and 1 oversize box)
This collection contains over 500 postcards acquired from the former museum at the Fort Sheridan U.S. Army Post (1887-1993). These materials relate primarily to World Wars I and II. There are many Chicago Daily News Postals printed of European locations during World War I, as well as views of military life in several American installations, such as Camp Custer, Michigan. A small number of views related to topics such as medicine and the Red Cross are also part of this collection. Oversize box includes a box of photos and photo postcards, a photograph album, approximately 1918-1925, and a postcard album from around 1945 containing images of New Guinea, The Philippines, Australia, Baquio, and New Caledonia.
2 39 2, 2 40 6
Donated by the Lake County Forest Preserve District as part of the Curt Teich Postcard Archives Collection at the Newberry Library.
- American Red Cross (Organization)
- Chicago Daily News, Inc. (Organization)
- Curt Teich Postcard Archives Collection (Newberry Library) (Organization)
- Fort Custer (Mich.) (Organization)
- Lake County Forest Preserve District (Ill.) (Donor, Organization)
- Fort Sheridan postcard collection, approximately 1914-1945
- Language of description
- Script of description