Alfred J. Cox family papers
Letters, calligraphic favors, legal documents and photographs from the papers of Alfred J. Cox, Chicago book binder and collector. Correspondents include: William Cox and William Cox, Jr. (grandfather and father of A.J. Cox); James Cox (uncle of William Jr.); Jonathan Evans (adoptive father of A.J. Cox); Jane E. French (later Mrs. Alfred J. Cox); Louisa Field (cousin); W.I. Wilson and H.V. Whalen (Chicago businessmen). Photos are of A.J. Cox and his library.
- Cox, Alfred J. (Alfred John) (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
0.1 Linear Feet (3 folders)
The Chicago portion of the papers dates from 1855 to 1909.
Includes 2 letters on engraved letterhead showing, respectively, "Interior of the Building of the Exhibition of all Nations, Hyde Park." (London, 1851) and "Clark Street bridge." (Chicago, ca. 1855) signed C. Scott, printer.
- Clark Street Bridge (Chicago, Ill.)
- Correspondence -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 1851-1900
- Cox family
- Cox, Alfred J. (Alfred John) -- Portraits
- French, Jane E.
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)
- Photographs -- Illinois -- 1851-1900
- Photographs -- Illinois -- 1901-1950
- Scott, C. (printer) (printer.)
- Whalen, H. V.
- Wilson, W. I.
- Catalog Record Only
- Language of description
- Script of description