George M. Templeton papers
Includes Templeton's diaries for the years 1862-1868 when he was stationed at Fort C.F. Smith in Montana. The Fort was established in 1866 and abandoned in 1868. Collection also includes correspondence, etc., of the various collectors who have held the collection or parts of it.
- Templeton, George M. (Person)
1.3 Linear Feet (23 folders in 3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Forms part of the Everett D. Graff Collection of Western Americana at the Newberry Library.
Alternate Form Available
Also available on microfilm at the Newberry Library.
- Diaries -- Montana -- Fort C.F. Smith -- 1851-1900
- Everett D. Graff Collection of Western Americana (Newberry Library)
- Fort C.F. Smith (Mont.) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources
- Montana -- History -- 19th century -- Sources
- Soldiers -- Montana -- Fort C.F. Smith -- Diaries
- Templeton, George M. -- Diaries
- Catalog Record Only
- Language of description
- Script of description