Loren L. Williams journals
The journal covers the Loren L. Williams's activities as an officer during the Civil War, active in the West, and subsequent activities as a pioneer in the development of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Details of wars with the Western Indians are also included.
- Williams, Loren L. (Person)
0.6 Linear Feet (5 volumes in 2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Forms part of the Everett D. Graff Collection of Western Americana at the Newberry Library.
Inserted and laid in are numerous ms. documents, autograph letters, illustration, ms. maps (drawn by the author), newspaper clippings, etc.
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Everett D. Graff Collection of Western Americana (Newberry Library)
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.)
- Indians of North America -- Government relations
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1862-1865
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895
- Williams, Loren L. -- Diaries
- Catalog Record Only
- Language of description
- Script of description