Showing Collections: 226 - 250 of 1330
The School of the Chicago City Ballet was founded in 1980 by Maria Tallchief and affiliated with the Chicago City Ballet, outlasting the company by six years until its closing in 1993. Includes administrative records, publicity materials, and photographs.
Administrative files, consultant files and a collection of background information and publications relating to the field of dance and specifically to the activities of a short-term initiative developed by the Chicago Community Trust which had the aim of strengthening the field of dance in Chicago.
Records of the Chicago Dance Coalition, the Chicago Music Alliance, and the merged Chicago Dance and Music Alliance. Includes administrative, financial, and photographic materials as well as audiovisual and digital data items.
Printed ephemera from the Chicago Design Museum relating to the museum's activities from 2014-2016. Includes posters, postcards, prints, a business card, a playbill, a button, and other assorted materials.
Business records and newsletters of The Chicago Hand Bookbinders, an association of professional, amateur, and student bookbinders founded in 1978.
58 prints of Chicago lakefront and river scenes, found in a manila envelope marked: “Prints from glass negatives produced by the Corps of Engineers ca. 1890; originals now with the Chicago Maritime Society.”
Formed in 1891 by newcomers into the Chicago library field from New York to encourage the acquaintance and cooperation between libraries, library schools and other fields. Founding members included W.F. Poole, Frederick H. Wild, Charles Alexander Nelson, Edith Clark and others. Collection includes one box of assorted correspondence, clippings and other miscellaneous items from 1971-84, and one ledger.
Scrapbooks containing incorporation documents, programs, photographs, correspondence, by-laws, and other materials of the Chicago Musical Arts Club, founded in 1936 by Mrs. H. S. Bottomleaf and Lola Robuck, who served as the club's first president. Also earlier clippings, programs, and photographs relating to Chicago music and Belle Forbes Cutter.
The Chicago National Association of Dance Masters (CNADM) was founded in 1912 and serves as a resource of continuing education for dance teachers and their students. Records include workshop reports, dance notes, and audiovisual recordings of CNADM workshops.
Correspondence and contracts mostly relating to singer Amerlita Galli-Curci and Cleofonte Campanini, General Director of the Chicago Opera Association. Also two leases between the Chicago Civic Opera Co. and the Auditorium Theatre.
Founded in 1974 as the Chicago Opera Studio, the organization's goal was to provide high quality opera productions in English and designed for contemporary tastes using younger Chicago singers and musicians. Records include budgets, proposals, notes, invitations, brochures, programs, and window posters.
Records compiled by the Chairman of the Chicagoan of the Year Award Committee, Roger B. Johnston, that include Press Club newsletters, publicity material, awardee biographical information, correspondence, and information about the nomination process. Also includes a plaque with award winner names from 1959 to 1985.
Original works by various artists commissioned for the Chicago Reader alternative weekly newspaper.
Photographs used to accompany front page and other feature stories in the Chicago Reader alternative weekly newspaper, as well as the columns Calendar, Hot Type, Neighborhood News, Our Town, TheWorks, and Chicago Anti-Social.
Publicity and live photographs of Midwest area dance, drama, comedy, and music performers and performances from the files of the Chicago Reader weekly newspaper.
Original copy of articles, legal files, miscellaneous administrative files, and unsolicited manuscripts of the Chicago Reader alternative weekly newspaper.
A troupe that showcased the works of Chicago choreographers, the Chicago Repertory Dance Ensemble was founded in 1981 by Tara Mitton and headquartered at the Ruth Page Center for the Arts building until its dissolution in 1992. Records include administrative files, photographs, publicity, and audiovisual materials.
Sixteen professional photographs of the area of Chicago known as the Stockyards Industrial Park which was developed after the closing of the Union Stock Yards in 1971. The Industrial Park is home to various small factories, none of which are involved in meatpacking. Few of the original structures remain, excepting the great limestone arch erected in 1879 to mark the stockyard entrance.
Daily weekday reporting staff assignment sheets, often providing summaries of specific events that were to be covered, dating from May 2, 1983 to July 5, 1984.
Documents relating to Issue Series "C" bonds (printed volume, 1920), together with a file containing letters, memoranda, and other documents relating to vacations with pay authorized for war veterans returning from service with the armed forces, 1942-1958. Also an "M" series sinking fund bond, 1963.
Chicago philanthropic and social organization formed in 1876. Members have included Jane Addams, Helen S. Shedd, and Bertha Palmer. Collection includes a guest book and donor’s book, both leather bound, gilded and inset with semiprecious stone, and Annals of the Club volume 2.
Not-for-profit organization formed in 1931 by a Chicago group of women who met regularly at the Cordon Club and were interested in writing, editing, publishing and promoting children’s books. Collection includes four boxes of photos, bulletins, brochures, flyers and other miscellaneous items.